Monday, February 2, 2009

What's the big deal?

So, didn't blog yesterday - I was honestly at a Super Bowl Party! For real! 
I even sat on the couch AND WATCHED it. 
The 100 yd running thing that that guy did in the beginning - maybe first quarter....I guess that was really something - everyone was standing and shouting - so I did too. 

What is it about the "Super Bowl" that is cause for such elaborate commercials not only during but leading up to? Elaborate celebrations/parties for it? What is it about the Super Bowl that makes an entire living room of adults stand, jump, cheer, shout and even swear at a television? 
The sheer consumption of food - I thought Thanksgiving was a gorging "holiday". I have a new take on Super Bowl Sunday. I was barely able to walk away after half time - chicken wings, Kentucky fried chicken, homemade macaroni and cheese, dips, breads, mini burgers and PIZZAS. 

I'm not a cook but I sure play a mean one in my head. 
What did I make? Get this.....

I LOVE pizza! It's one of my favorite foods. I bought a couple of plain Jack's cheese pizzas and created three different flavors. 
Pizza 1: Added chopped artichoke hearts, cappers, feta and prosciutto. YUM! 
Pizza 2: Added mushrooms, black olives and Brie
Pizza 3: Added smoked gouda, havarti, a few chili peppers flakes and lots of Tobasco. 
Who knew a Jack's pizza could be so good? And so simple?! 

So, Super Bowl Sunday has come and gone. It was quite the experience. The 3-d commercials were pretty good and The Boss, well, I was more amazed that they can let that many people down onto the field, bring out a stage, put on a pyrotechnics show and have it cleared and over with in 30 mins! 

Oh, and the betting thing? I fell for it and I didn't win any of them for the four quarters. Laura, Anne, Rebecca and Izzy did. That's the last time I let Anne pick numbers for me. Isn't it weird that all women won too??? I thought I was the "handicap" - I still don't know what I bet on but, what the hell - it was a great time! 

Until next year - woohoo - can hardly wait! 






2 comments:

  1. Really, you don't understand the Super Bowl phenomenon? One word for you: Oscars. Now do you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh, so the Super Bowl is to Straights like the Oscars are to me? Life could've been so much simpler a week ago! Now I totally get it!! Thanks Girly Girl Susie :-)

    ReplyDelete