Sunday, February 22, 2009

Manny Diaries Day 8 (2/21) Best Day EVER!

WOW! What a weekend!!!!! 

The kids were only up until 2:am. Jumping around, playing swords (Nerf), Wii and "Bakugan". 
Up again at 8:am!!!! 
Wii, Wii, Wii and MORE Wii!!!! 
It's really quite humorous to watch though. As these two are armed with chucks and wands "dancing" and shaking at the tv, even acting out their karate kicks, punches and jumps. Spastic and unpredictable - simply amusing!!! 

Coming downstairs Sat :am, of course being awakened to their "Naruto" shouts and kicks, I was leery as to what I would walk into ..... only every piece of Wii accessories they own, every game they own, a few strewn soda & Gatorade bottles, and every pillow from the sofa on the floor. 
Hmmm, project into the future 7 yrs!!!! 
This is exactly what their dorm room is going to look like! 
Keep in mind, I still have not seen the bedroom - only heard the thuds, the dinning rm hutch dishes shaking and the intermittent breaks requesting snacks and libations. The energy that these two had! And were up BEFORE me!!!! 

Thank god for that energy. I pondered having them pick everything up before we got ready to leave but I had a BRILLIANT idea....
K: "Guys, how about if I clean up the kitchen and the tv room?" 
W: "Cool! We'll just keep playing then?" 
K: "Actually, I was thinking of something else. How'd you two like to make some cash?" (Like I really had to ask????) 
W & E: "SURE!!! YES!!!" "How?" 
K: "While I clean up in here, why don't you two go shovel the back yard, driveway, and do the front porch, stairs and main sidewalk"? 
W: "Nah, I think we'll just stay here and play Wii." 
K: (Thinking of me Favorite Meryl Streep line -"No, no, That wasn't a question" ) "uhhh, I don't think I'm not really proposing it as an offer. But I letting you know that I AM PAYING you to do so. K?" 
E: "Cool! I'll do it!" (Don't you just love eager friends?! They're the ones that were always the parent brown nosers! I should know, I was one! )
W: "But E, we're not done." 
E: "Yeah, but we get $5 bucks EACH!" 
W: "Ken, are you going to help us?"
K: "I don't think so. That's why I said I would clean up in her FOR YOU and that's why I'm PAYING you. 
(You gotta love the power of cash with kids!) 

Chop! Chop! We gotta get going!!! 

For the life of me, I don't get what it is about Wyatt (or most of his friends) but it takes FOREVER to get him moving. It's like talking a suicide victim off of the ledge when I ask him to shut the tv/Wii off. Really, it's still going to be there when we come back. 
Getting him to get showered, dressed (and deodorized) and downstairs is hair splitting - unless the word Target is in the sentence. 
So, I'm running around, trying to gather everyone and everything up. Dogs out, dogs in. All food remnants or anything edible OFF of the counters - Radar (the labor-doodle) is amazing at reaching new heights when there's something edible out! 
E can't find this, Wyatt can't find this and are getting frantic, so I run upstairs to inquire what the hold up is and I walk into Wy's room and NO WONDER THEY CAN'T FIND ANYTHING!!!! OMG!!!! I don't even know where to look first. I hear the tv on so I look over there....there are MORE games all over the room, more Wii controls (where'd those come from?) there are MORE soda and Gaterade bottles ( I can't believe one of them didn't pee their sleeping bags during the night!) Nerf guns (everything from small to gargantuan!) Nerf darts everywhere, Nerf swords, clothes, trading cards and I think every tow that Wyatt had in his room was out!!!! 
I'm stunned! I had Wyatt clean his room specifically because he was having company and he did! Perfectly! I saw it! I'm sure I did! 
But this was ...... I just said: "Make a list of what you're missing and Wyatt will have to find when we get back and HE CLEANS HIS ROOM! Let's go!" 
Turns out, Wyatt found seven trading cards, a Bakugan thingy, his sleeping bag, the $5 that I had aid him, AND his real SWORD!!!! Which I would not allow to be swung in the house or played with behind closed doors. That's all I'd need. Accidental impalement of one of them! That's the only thing I didn't care for. E's dad came in with him when he  dropped him off and was just as proud of it when he showed it me - As if it was a relic from "The Lord of The Rings Trilogy" (LOFTR , in their tongues) or something. I just looked at it, looked at them and smiled uh-huh.......... I always wondered if those Renaissance groupies reproduced - now have my confirmation! Yikes!  

I didn't realize I had so much to report, just for Saturday! Please bare with me, it's good! 

So we finally get out of the house. An hour and a half later than I though! 
Dropped E at home...what is the average age for KIDS that they SHOULD KNOW THEIR RIGHT FROM THEIR LEFT???? 

I am so glad that we purchased tickets on Monday for Saturday's events at The Science Museum
Note: If you have kids and don't have a  membership there, you should seriously look into it! 
Julie, if you're reading this....Wyatt and I really want to join. You can come too :-) 

So anyway, I have to tell you that this was the best four hours of my life with Wyatt! 
The Grand Canyon movie was amazing! 
* Suggestion though: Get in line early, the best seats are in the upper sections, center!
We both left thinking about how we could learn more about water conservation in our homes. 
Wyatt is such a deep thinker too. When we got out of the movie, it conveniently empties out in the cafeteria, so we sat and ate lunch - you'd have thought we were at a RESTUARANT vs the Science Museum Cafeteria! Holy $$$$$ for BURGERS!!!!! 
We talked about the movie and the future of the Colorado River and it's water resources and the severity of the possibility of it drying up! Wyatt actually told me he was scared for the future. Get this!!!!!
W:  "Because we're not paying attention now and it's really going to be too late, sooner than later." How insightful is that???? 
Then we went through the Water Exhibit, Dinosaur Exhibit, and a few others. We ended by going through the Goose Bumps Exhibit. TOTALLY COOL! I think we spent an hour just in this one! I don't want to give it away...just go! 

Being that we were having such a diverse day, I decided to take Wyatt to the World Market Midtown
He thought that was pretty cool. He liked all of the diversity of shops and eats in there. I picked up a few things but hey, I'm only trying to support our local economy :-)  
We'd had a pretty full day but it wasn't over yet.....
Got back home around 5:30 ish. Totally exhausted!!! We agreed that we each needed a nap before our friends (yup, adults included in this one!) came over to play Wii. Five of us! Three adults, an 11 yr and a 6 yr old! 
It was a hoot! I thought I was going to pee myself on several different occasions due to laughing so hard. The kids actually taught us more about the games and totally kicked all of our butts! 
After they went to bed or fell asleep, "Wii" the adults, (Sorry, that's just never going to get old for me!) bowled and tried to play the Redneck Game that I bought. Another attempt for that one later. 
It went well into the "Wii" hours of the early morning! 

Again, the bestest day ever!!!!!!!!  Thanks Wyatt!  (P, M and Little E too!) 

;-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment