Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Manny Diaries Day 4 (2/17) REALITY CHECK!

Reality check! 
OMG - NOT the same as days when I don't have to get up, get Wyatt up, get the dogs OUT, get the dogs in, feed the dogs, make sure Wyatt is on track, make sure Wyatt eats, News only in the :am (that's boring even for me) but rules are rules. Get Wyatt rounded up - back pack, homework, keys, gym&swim attire, gloves.....don't forget, I have to grab my computer, my phone, my Itouch, my keys (all of them) and my dog....THAT is overwhelming for anyone,  I can't imagine doing it on a regular basis. I was exhausted just getting him to school in time so he could report for his Crossing Guard shift - which after ALL of this confirming and reconfirming, he didn't bring his gloves - he left them on the table by the door while putting his shoes on. 
Luckily, I informed my boss that I'd be in later this week due to my new responsibilities - how do parents do it on a daily basis? What if there was only one to do it? I'd go crazy! Hats off to you parent people and WANTING to do it! 

This afternoon: called to make sure he got home. He did. He was watching tv (cartoons - I could here it in the background). I asked him if he'd taken care of any of his chores - especially since it was still day light - nope, he hadn't. I asked him if he would..he said it was too wet and mushy outside to pick up dog poop. I get that. I'd gag all around the yard and he'd have to follow with saw dust :-O .... so I thought that was fare, best wait til it freezes. Well, it's snowing now and I don't think it's going to get picked up before J&G get home - but at least I have it documented HERE that I asked him on Tuesday :-) 

Dinner: What can I say? All I had to do was ask what he wanted and I had it in the pan already :-) OUR favorite dinner is Mac & Cheese with chopped up hot dog bites....does it get any better than that? So, he's kind of new at cleaning up after himself because when I ask, he looks at me like I'm speaking a foreign language! Now I get why my mom gave me the "You better figure out what language I'm speaking, translate it and get those dishes in the damn dishwasher before I have to ask you again" look. TOTALLY! I just explained that he's 11 yrs old, I'm not his mom and I'm not his maid. He knows where they go and how. We're working TOGETHER on this I'm happy to report. He also knows how to feed two of the three dogs and mine. I get that too. I'm responsible for my own and I told him I'd take care of Elmo - the food is enough to make anyone gag and he opted for the two dry food dogs, I HAVE to take Elmo....he's 15, almost blind, almost totally deaf and trips on the door threshold every time coming in from the outside. It's so sad. I just hope he makes it through the rest of the week .... I don't know how I'd begin to deal with that one...... 



Homework: OMG!!!!!! I haven't done home work in.....let's just say a LONG time. 
The last time I stayed with him, I had to GOOGLE  WHAT his homework WAS so I could help him with it. DOH!!!!! 

So tonight, we had math - which he sails through (thank god!) and then we had to write a story. Wy picked "My best day ever" - turned out to be a really cute story! He didn't like writing so I thought we'd write it on the computer....that's where the BLIND LEADING THE BLIND COMES IN....... I couldn't pull anything up on Julie's computer except email...DOH! So I had him type it there and print it out for him. 
We'll see what teacher thinks.....

Until tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment