Monday, February 16, 2009

Manny Diaries Day 1 (2/14) & Day 2 (2/15)

Pretty easy start today. J &G didn't leave until this evening so I went to Anne's for Paninis with Lola & Pedro and their dog Carlos. Totally impromptu but definitely a fun time! 
Wyatt was staying at a friend's house so not a hard start at all. 

Sunday, again not a hard day. Woke up to a FOUR dog blanket - the biggest, Radar - (a HUGE labor-doodle) thinking it was his bed. What a way to wake up :-) Once they realized I was up, there was NO sleeping in. Breakfast for four, timed just so, so all eat and then run them out for potty duty.  
Wyatt's play date ended at 7:00. BTW -when a play date ends at a certain time, show up AT THAT time. I was a little anxious being that 35W was closed at Hwy 62...so I just thought....better early than late.....ummmm, that's not how play dates end....so I have learned.  Once a time is determined, the play date timer is set. How was I to know? I lost a cool factor point :-( Working on getting that back! 

So we ran around getting this and that. Stopped at Subway for dinner - who knew Subway was SO expensive???? Or is it the appetite of a growing 11 yr old? Regardless, it was worth it, he ate all of it. 
Being that we didn't have school or work today, we thought we'd have a Wii Off. The only thing was....the Wii fit board wasn't working for me like it was for Wyatt. Evidentially, that's because I'VE GAINED a pound or two since I was played last! So, Wyatt had to redo my Wii Fit Test - I should've known not to. Not only did "I" gain a pound or two...but after it was complete, MY character got pudgier too! NICE! Wyatt couldn't stop laughing! To comfort me, he did remind me that he made my glasses orange 8-) 
That was it! The Wii Off was ON! That wasn't the best idea I've ever had....Wyatt kicked my butt at everything! I told him we weren't quitting until I beat him at something....he "offered" to ski jump for me just to get me on the board. What a kid! :-) 

So....... 
Humbled, embarrassed and knowing that I had the "Wii" age of  45, the balance of a senior citizen and now overweight according to Wii - I conceded and we retired at 1:00 :am. Wyatt the winner! 
After all, we didn't have to get up for anything so it was a lot like a second Saturday :-) 

Just wait! We're going to Target tomorrow and I'm picking out a couple Wii games that I can play! There's got to be a LITTLE kid's section, no? 

No comments:

Post a Comment