Thursday, March 5, 2009

Where did the week go?

I don't know about y'all out there, but this cowpoke is mighty glad tomorrow is Friday already! 

I thought this week was NEVER going to end but when I think back on it now, knowing that today is Thursday (and THAT'S almost over!) and tomorrow is FRIDAY, where DID my week go? Who cares? I'm just elated that it's over! 

I would like to say that I'm going to be a home body, stay in or around the condo, do laundry, clean up the kitchen, write my thank you notes, sit on FB for the majority of the weekend and watch movies, maybe even get up the energy to tackle the storage room.....WHO THE HELL AM I KIDDING?! That's not going to happen. I have A.D.D. to the enth degree and the attention span of a walnut! I live by lists but I'm constantly making new lists with things that I SHOULD be doing but as I'm writing the lists I find that I'm adding "Great Estate, Room & Board Outlet, Home Depot, Michael's and WHY am I going there? I'm avoiding the things that I SHOULD be doing but when I "run errands" on the weekend to these stores, I'm simply keeping the economy alive (and with what means I ask? I have NO idea!) and creating more "projects" to do when I finally arrive home, unload the car and go through the bags. No worries, because it's now late enough in the afternoon that I have to call Julie to see what she's up to and what she's done with her day. We will undoubtedly end up at Target (again! and this is trip what in 1 week for either of us???) or worse - The Galleria!!!! Then we'll have to go back to her place, peruse the week's new magazines, have a bottle of wine, make a little something to eat and starting "listing" all of the projects we both want to do. Then I'll ask for her computer and we'll both start "surfing" for this or that or inspiration and the lists will just keep going on and on. 
Now it's Sunday and I'm going to freak out about everything that I WANTED to get done and didn't. Panic Mode! 
Frick, I might as well get in my car and go to Home Depot or Target just to make sure that I didn't miss a plant or maybe lighting or something just so I don't have to deal with the ACTUAL list of HAVE TO DO at the condo. 
Who can I call? Who can I "drop in on?" Who's house can I take over and decorate so I don't have to go home and think of my own list?! 
Wow, when you put it writing it doesn't seem so difficult and the reasoning is right here IN FRONT OF ME! 
Oh well. At least I know myself well enough to know that I'm going to be disappointed with myself come Sunday night but tomorrow is Friday, after all. The end of the week! Woohoo!!!! It's going to be 5 o'clock somewhere for sure! 
Then there's the Home & Garden Show this weekend, I'm going to Susie's this weekend sometime too to help fluff an place a few things, let the dogs play and so forth. Then I have to find time to have Wyatt come over and hook up and program all of my Wii stuff so I can, get this one, start working out!!!!!, with my Wii Fit! Really, I am! 
Then I still have to "run errands" and stimulate the economy AND THEN to top the whole weekend off, it's DAY LIGHT SAVINGS!!! Frick! I'm going to LOSE an hour sometime either Saturday night or Sunday when I realize it IS Day Light Savings and I got even less done because now my weekend was shortened by that whole hour AHEAD!!!! 

Where'd that "to do" list go? Might as well read it so I can think to myself I at least did that :-) 

Happy WEEKEND!!!! I'll be back.... especially if it keeps me from my list :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment