Monday, March 9, 2009

Where did my weekend go?

Isn't it always the fact that weekends fly by? I don't care what you're doing, what you have to do and/or who's coming over.....weekends are never long enough, even if there's a Monday holiday tacked on. 

What bugged me about this weekend is actually a lot. Let's start with Daylight Savings?????? WTF is this??? Why do we have it to being with? Residents in AZ don't have it and they're just fine with productivity, getting up, getting to work and getting the "crops" in. Why is AZ the only state that doesn't have to comply? I'd say I'd like to boycott the change but I'd be late (even more so) for everything around me. 
So, that's my 2¢ worth and that's the big thing that "ruined" my weekend. I was UP an hour later on Saturday night, which I shouldn't have been. I got an hour less sleep on Sunday because Daylight Savings ROBBED me on it AND why is it so early this year??? 

Next on my shortened weekend - The List! Oh well. I'll just have to work on that in the evenings of this week - It's a good visual for what I should be doing :-)

I did get to do a few things on Sat. Picked up the "Essential John Denver" cd at Sam's Club  - I know, I know - you'd never think that I'd be sharing that I went to Sam's for my own and on my own. I saw it there earlier this week when I went for work and for some DUMB reason I found myself driving there to get it on Sat. I was hard up to "avoid" the list.
John Denver? Really Ken? That's so NOT gay but chalk it up to the Nascar fascination too. I haven't told you about MY NASCAR fascination? Yup, it's true. But I'll save that for another day. 
*Ok, I cannot retract it but I have to amend it.  The John Denver cd - yeah, could be misconstrued as "experimental" and very reminiscent of Puff the Magic Dragon....WOW! I don't think I'd leave that on my dash when I go to a Nascar Race........

Ran into the Great Estate and I THINK I found Oliver the best dog hut ever! Julie, I need you to look at it again! 
Think "The Last Emperor" - it's like a miniature Tibetan temple house thingy - roof, four corner columns and a floor. He fits in it perfectly! 

Did brunch at the Seward Cafe with my cuz. Met her bf, nice guy. I had A strawberry/banana pancake because I think it was the only item that didn't have mock this or tofu that. Needless to say, I had a nice time and would go back...but I'd wear my crocs and skip the shower.....not that I'm saying ANYTHING bad here. I'd go back, for real. 
For that kind of service, WHY NOT?! 
You write your OWN order, you bring it up to the register and pay for it when putting YOUR written order in, YOU pick up your own food when the slop chef calls your name AND you bus your table when you're done too. So why so many employees??? It was an experience that is for sure. The tea was really good, did I mention that? 

Then I just laid around all day. Watched some lame movies and didn't do jack all day. No one to blame but myself. 
And I'm resided to that fact and am not going to beat myself up anymore about it. It was an ok day in the end. What can you expect from a Sunday???

Woohoo, tomorrow is Monday! Work with me here! I'm trying to build it up. 

BTW - Happy Bday Miss Ruthie! xoxoxo 




No comments:

Post a Comment