Friday, January 30, 2009

Ken's Top Ten

Happy Friday! That must mean HH somewhere! If it's 12:00 here, where is it 5:00 so I know someone is celebrating already? 

Anywho, one of my friends thought it would be cool if I posted "Ken's Top Ten". I asked her what she meant by Top 10? I mean Top 10 Restaurants, Clothing Stores, Furniture/Home Accessories Stores?? I mean, come on, I can't possibly think of JUST TEN favs of anything for ONE LIST. I need SUB-categories in oder to even get half of my stops posted. So, like they do with the Oscars, I'll be doing Supporting, leading, Screen Play, Editing and so forth just so I can list 'em all. 

Ken's Top 10 Over All Stops..... wait Isn't that like Best Picture? I better save those for the last.

Friday's List: Clothing, of course. 

Ken's Top 10 Clothing Haunts: ranked less frequented to favorite! 

10. TJMaxx - I seldomly find anything clothing wise here. A watch here and there, accessories here and there and fragrance in a pinch. Oh yeah, and they have great deals on Calvin's - and I'm not talking jeans! 

9. H&M - I'm glad that we have one here. It's fun and it's inexpensive. I found my favorite sweater at one in Brussles a couple of years back.  I like stopping at the one on 5th and Rockefeller Plaza too. 

8. Nordstrom Rack - I'm eyeing a tuxedo there as we speak. They also have great deals on cool shoes - unfortunately, I have the most common foot size 9 1/2 - 10. Depends on the time of day. 

7. RCC Western - hold the snickers right now! I have a cowboy boot fetish and this is THE only place I like to buy boots, that and the A.M. Tyler :-) hehehehe. 
There are three pairs of boots that I want their right now but Mortgages, car payments and Ins keep me from getting them. I'd forgo the groceries but that would take a year to apply to the cost of them. Can anyone say "Stimulus Check II"? Dang it! 

6. Aldo - yeah, I like this store for a quick fix and/or their sales. I do have a quite a few boots from here but I'm a sucker for a pointy toe reptile skin. :-) Grrrrrrrrrrrrr Cowboy! 

5. Gap - excellent for staples or even a classic filler.

4. DSW - when I want shoes, this is my first stop. And have you checked out the MOA Store? It's a SHOPPING EXPERIENCE - Kudos to whoever gave that store a facelift and image revitalization! 

3. Target - Yup! You heard me right. Target is my budget/trend finds of the year. I can get great jeans (Levi's and ) I can get descent sport coats as well and it's my staple supplier for waffle weave long sleeve t's. Plus I'm there every day and I love to cover the whole store - I can find something for anyone there! 

2. J Crew - (Come on - Now that Michelle O has made a place in history for this retailer - I've only been shopping there for oh, 15 yrs??????? ) Hat's off  Mrs. O for making it so cool on the front lines - and I certainly do not mean Oprah! Thank god there's a NEW & IMPROVED Ms. O that we can refer to for thanks on style, grace and Americana! 

And..... MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE STOP: 
1. Banana Republic - Need I say more? After ten plus years of service and the benefit of the discount  and everything that I learned there - they're still my favorite store to shop and boast about. 


Ok, so that's a lot to take in for 1 day's list. I'll be back with more, I always have more. 



Ken 8-) 


1 comment:

  1. That's a wealth of resources - I want more Top Tens! Maybe every Friday?

    ReplyDelete